March 31, 2010

pgh center for the arts.

Teddy and I are taking an art class together at the Pittsburgh Center for the Arts.  It has been so much fun to have some one-on-one time with the youngest boy while George is in school.  I'll admit that it is a bit challenging too because I want to take over each project and do them all myself.  While other moms in the class are busy positively peppering their children with supportive but unintrusive help, I once whispered quietly into my baby's ear, "Honey, if you put one more speck of glitter on that I will go completely blind."  Hopefully Teddy has already forgotten about that.  Here a few of my his creations out of the 402 things we have made.  Each and every one is brilliant. 
tissue paper lantern ~ Admit it; you want one.

pencil box decorated with pasta noodles ~ Oddly satisfying to paint.


paper mache snake ~ No, you cannot have it - Ssssssss!

bird ~ This one to sit on top of the television and thwart evil advertising demons

ca-razy mask ~ I couldn't decide which photo to post, mean Teddy or happy Teddy.  Both are totally authentic and taken within 15 seconds.  Future method actor.

blot art ~ "Cat" is going to be our ticket to the good life.  Inspired by Andy Warhol's love for the beasts.  This one we will sell to the highest bidder.

modge podge flower pot ~ You are now wanting to modge podge something.  Admit it.

3 comments:

  1. These are great!! What a fun thing to do! I love Teddy in the mask and the cat too!! You've got some talented boys! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am totally guilty! I love modge podge. I've found excuses for using it in Girl Scouts several times in the past two months... Scrapbook pages, cookie sign, Thinking Day sign... I'm sure I can come up with several more. Love Teddy's art. It looks as though the two of you have been having a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's my godson!

    ReplyDelete